Learn about using library resources to get you started with the type of stocks you can invest in, how investment accounts work, and how you can leverage the library to reach your financial goals. Session is hosted live on Zoom. Register on Eventbrite.
This seminar will outline how you can use the library to invest in the stock market. Topics of discussion include:
- How to reframe the way we think of money
- Considering your investment time horizon
- How the library can aid in your finances
- Different accounts and their properties (TFSA, RRSP, RESP, RRIF, Cash Account)
- What institutions can invest with (Banks, third party)
- How different investment vehicles work: GICs, Bonds, Stocks, REITS, Mutual Funds, ETFs etc.
- Different investment schemas
- Recommended books and resources